[buug] Redhat 9 comatose problem

Bill Honeycutt wfhoney at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 20 16:28:03 PDT 2003

John is right, though...if you can still ssh into the machine, or if you
can ctl+alt+backspace out of X, then you haven't hung the machine.

Missing programs could cause problems, though I don't think it would
crash the server.  I usually limit my workstation to a single screen
saver which I know works.  You could just blank the screen and save a
lot of fuss.