[buug] Fwd: User Group Newsletter from Addison-Wesley/Prentice Hall/SAMS Publishing--- BOOKS & COUPONS

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sat Dec 23 03:16:46 PST 2006

----- Forwarded message from "Fox, Heather" <Heather_Fox at prenhall.com> -----
    Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:29:48 -0500
    From: "Fox, Heather" <Heather_Fox at prenhall.com>
 Subject: User Group Newsletter from Addison-Wesley/Prentice Hall/SAMS
Publishing--- BOOKS & COUPONS
      To: "Fox, Heather" <Heather_Fox at prenhall.com>

Hello Esteemed User Group Leaders!

NEW BOOKS FOR YOUR GROUP!  (Please read on to learn of new titles
shipped in December, 2006 for the benefit of your User Group)

REMINDER: Be sure your members are receiving 35% off list price by
purchasing directly from the publisher sites!  The 35% coupon is also
valid for our new Short Cuts! (i.e. our newest Short Cut title,
"Mongrel: Serving, Deploying, and Extending Your Ruby Applications"
(Digital Short Cut).

Read a review of the Mongrel Short Cut on Slashdot.org:

http://books.slashdot.org/books/06/12/18/1555243.shtml

Please share our new Short Cut sampler with your members by forwarding
this link (includes sample content on Ajax, BusyBox, Embedded Linux):

http://www.informit.com/content/downloads/pdfs/ShortCut_Sampler.pdf

To redeem the coupon:

Select the book(s) of your choice and enter COUPON CODE: "USERGROUP"
(must be ALL CAPS!) at Checkout Step #3 (Payment Method). PLEASE NOTE--
You can request a PDF coupon flyer w/ this info to distribute to your
members!]

Sites to redeem the coupon: www.awprofessional.com
<http://www.awprofessional.com/> , www.prenhallprofessional.com
<http://www.prenhallprofessional.com/>  or www.samspublishing.com
<http://www.samspublishing.com/> , www.informit.com/shortcuts

NEWSFLASH: LATEST BOOK SHIPMENT FOR YOUR User Group!

 Includes the following titles from the brand new NEGUS LIVE LINUX
SERIES: Your Practical, Hands-On Guides to Getting Real Results with
Free Software:

--- Live Linux(r) CDs: Building and Customizing Bootables, authored by
Christopher Negus; www.prenhallprofessional.com/livelinux

--- Practical PHP and MySQL: Building Eight Dynamic Web Applications,
authored by Jono Bacon; www.prenhallprofessional.com/livelinux

NEXT UP!  ....... Early next month (January 2007) you will receive a
review copy for this new book:

Red Hat Fedora Core 6 Unleashed, authored by Paul Hudson/Andrew Hudson;

http://www.samspublishing.com/title/0672329298

BONUS BOOKS!!

Your User Group can receive a bonus complimentary book for any of the
below titles!  Please send your picks directly to me at:
heather.fox at pearsoned.com

--- New SECOND EDITION for "The Design of Sites: Patterns for Creating
Winning Web Sites", authored by Doug van Duyne, James Landay, and Jason
Hong; www.prenhallprofessional.com/title/0131345559

--- BIRT: A Field Guide to Reporting, authored by Peh, Hannemann, Hague;
www.awprofessional.com/title/0321442598

--- Integrating and Extending BIRT, authored by Weathersby, French,
Bondur, Tatchell, Chatalbasheva; www.awprofessional.com/title/0321443853

Please encourage your LUG members to support their favorite books by
submitting reviews directly to Heather Fox at:
heather.fox at pearsoned.com, or submit to Amazon.com, BN.com,
Slashdot.org, or other favorite news and resource sites.

We are glad to be working with your User Group!

Happy Holidays!

Heather Fox

Heather L. Fox, Senior Publicist & User Group Liaison

Addison-Wesley Professional < IBM Press < Prentice Hall Professional <
Que Publishing < Sams Publishing

Publishing imprints of Pearson Education

heather.fox at pearsoned.com

Office Ph: 201-236-7139; Office Fx: 201-236-7123

*Mobile*: 201-362-7763

Geo: c/o Pearson Education, 1 Lake St., 3K17, Upper Saddle River, NJ
07458

If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.

----- End forwarded message -----