[buug] apt ssh method

Ian Zimmerman itz at madbat.mine.nu
Sun Mar 25 08:12:31 PDT 2007

Hello there :-)

I am trying to use the ssh access method for apt, the Debian package tool.
While this is mentioned in the sources.list(5) manpage, no examples of the
URI syntax for this method are given, so I am left to guess.  A quick google
search was also unhelpful.

I have tried the syntax below, and got the following result.

deb ssh://my.remote.host debian/

Err ssh://my.remote.host debian/ Packages
  File not found

ssh access as root via publickey to my.remote.host is configured and works.
There's a ~root/debian/ directory on my.remote.host with the *.deb and Packages.gz
files.

--
Experience with Asset Control an asset.