[buug] BUUG largeish meeting turnouts! (9 at 2007-09-06 and 2007-11-01)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Nov 9 20:16:29 PST 2007

BUUG largeish meeting turnouts! (9 at 2007-09-06 and 2007-11-01)

Looks like we've had some of our largest meeting turnouts in a while.
On both 2007-09-06 and 2007-11-01 we had 9 people present at the BUUG
meeting!  While that may not sound like all that large a number, given
the unstructured (no set agenda) nature of our meetings, it can make
for particularly interesting and lively meetings (and two or three
completely different threads of conversation going simultaneously for
most or all of the meeting).

At present count, we've got 179 "members" (list subscribers) ... so we
could always have a bumper turnout at any given time :-).

I haven't quite made *all* the BUUG meetings in the past several years,
but I think most recent earlier high mark I counted was 8 on 2006-09-21:
http://www.weak.org/pipermail/buug/2006-September/002861.html
and I recall one meeting in the past 3 or 4 years where we swelled up to
about 12 people for at least part of the meeting.

Also, given that BUUG meets twice per month, our count of attendees per
month is higher than many UGs in the Bay Area.