[buug] ProgLangTalkPosbility Interest?? DigitalMarsD 6BenefitWordsGoHere

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Wed Jun 11 00:51:19 PDT 2008

4.5) In addition, put in your post as long a description as you'd like,
so when people see the 75 word description, then come to your message on
the list, there they can read your _full_ description of what the talk
will be about, so they can decide if they want to hear it.

Note, since we're pioneering this "talk approval method" thing doing the
mailing list "Ill come to that talk" thing, your long description &
short description should be "sales & marketing" oriented - communicate
the BENEFITS, (not just the Features & Advantages, ), cause you have to
MOTIVATE the reader to TAKE THE ACTION OF POSTING A "YES I'LL ATTEND"
MESSAGE, cause you need to get someone to say they;ll attend in order to
get approved for a talk time slot.

(Err, another way to do this entirely, would be just to prepare a talk,
& we'll post a time slot sign up sheet at the meeting, & you can sign up
for a slot, & if someone actually shows up to hear your talk during that
time slot, THEN you are on. [Of course, you could even choose to give
the talk to empty chairs if you wish. I don't mind. :) ])  PS - see the
BAD shotgun rules for the spirit of doing this, at bad.debian.net.  I
mean it - really do read those rules, & email me that you've read them.
They really are great.  They say - do your best, & don't complain if it
doesn't work out. :)

FAB example:"It has built in garbage collection, which means less mental
work & faster programming, which mean s you have more time to spend with
your girl/boyfiriend".

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html