[buug] fvwm focus (was: Re: Firefox/Iceweasel focus woes)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 28 17:28:30 PDT 2009

Quoting "Claude Rubinson" <rubinson at u.arizona.edu>:

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 08:06:06AM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
>> Any solution for this?  A solution need not be of the technology kind;
>> it could be a process or discipline to make sure I don't end up in this
>> situation, i.e. the page keeps focus at all times.
>
> I have the following in my .fvwm2rc:
>
>     Style * FocusFollowsIntent
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Hmmm, pretty sure I got that to work as I intended it, ... but
with slightly older configuration I think it may be a hair more
verbose:

$ cd ~/.fvwm
$ grep -i '^style.*focus' config
Style *           FocusFollowsMouse
Style FvwmButtons Icon toolbox.xpm, ClickToFocus
Style XTerm       Icon xterm.xpm, SloppyFocus, IconBox -70 1 -1 -140
Style rxvt        Icon term.xpm, SloppyFocus, IconBox -70 1 -1 -140
Style *lock       NoTitle, NoHandles, Sticky, WindowListSkip, ClickToFocus
Style xbiff       NoTitle, Sticky, WindowListSkip, ClickToFocus
Style xcalc       Icon xcalc.xpm, NoButton 2,ClickToFocus
Style xman        Icon xman.xpm, ClickToFocus
Style xmag        Icon mag_glass.xpm, ClickToFocus
Style xgraph      Icon graphs.xpm, ClickToFocus
Style xmosaic     Color Green/Yellow, ClickToFocus
$ fgrep mytweaks config
read mytweaks
$ grep -i '^style.*focus' mytweaks
Style XTerm       Icon xterm.xpm, MouseFocus, IconBox -70 1 -1 -140
Style rxvt        Icon term.xpm, MouseFocus, IconBox -70 1 -1 -140
Style *lock       NoTitle, NoHandles, Sticky, ClickToFocus
$