[buug] fvwm focus

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Tue Apr 28 19:09:29 PDT 2009

Michael> Quoting "Claude Rubinson" <rubinson at u.arizona.edu>:
Michael> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 08:06:06AM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
Michael> Any solution for this?  A solution need not be of the
Michael> technology kind; it could be a process or discipline to make
Michael> sure I don't end up in this situation, i.e. the page keeps
Michael> focus at all times.
Michael>
Michael> I have the following in my .fvwm2rc:
Michael>
Michael> Style * FocusFollowsIntent
Michael>
Michael> Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Michael> Hmmm, pretty sure I got that to work as I intended it, ... but
Michael> with slightly older configuration I think it may be a hair more
Michael> verbose:

I think window manager configuration is tangential here.  WM's only know
about toplevel windows; focus as applied to widgets inside windows is
managed by the toolkit linked into each app (such as gtk, motif, or in
the case of firefox, xul?).  And my problem falls squarely into the
latter category.

BTW, Claude, what happened to your fondness for blackbox?

--
Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org>
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD