[buug] Best XP emulator?

Pewter Bot pewterbot9 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 03:01:25 PDT 2009

I know about Wine, but never used it. Here is a page that lists
additional Windoze emulators:

http://www.freebyte.com/operatingsystems/#emulators

I'm interested in an XP emulator for Ubuntu 8.10, that works well with
unsupported peripherals, such as scanners and printers. Is the ol'
standard Wine best for that, or some other? Here's a list of free
Windoze emulators, on that page:

Bochs
VirtualBox
Wine

Is one emulator perhaps better at handling unsupported drivers, than
the other two? TIA.

Or would NDIS wrapper be the better solution? I have been advised by
hackers-in-the-know, to avoid that program like a plague...not for
newbies.

(Posting to you from Linux via wvdial...yaaay! I like it better than
pon, 'cause it displays your connect speed...I prefer to disconnect
and try another local number, if the connect just made is lower than
42kbps.)

--
Zeke Krahlin