[buug] El Blog del Narco

Zeke Krahlin ezekielk at goct.net
Fri Aug 13 17:51:49 PDT 2010

I'm sure everyone hear already is aware of the excellent
whistle-blowing by Wiki Leaks, but now we have "El Blog Del Narco":

"MEXICO CITY — An anonymous, twentysomething blogger is giving
Mexicans what they can't get elsewhere — an inside view of their
country's raging drug war."

Read the rest of the article here:

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20100813/LT.Drug.War.Mexico.Narco.Blog/

The actual link to El Blog del Narco is:

http://www.blogdelnarco.com/

I'd say that Wiki Leaks and El Blog Del Narco are two excellent
examples of how the use of open source services (wikis and blogs) and
an open Internet, empower individuals who are passionate for justice
to be served. Such potent tools never existed before, and couldn't
come at a better time when our conventional news sources have failed
their duty to keep citizens informed, including as whistle blowers
against gov't, military, religious and corporate skulduggery.

Even for individuals, such as myself, in a time when all local
progressive activism has been usurped (for the most part) by
egotistical, self-serving libertarian types who really have no sense
of justice or democracy, and only see such groups as stepping stones
towards some sort of career, celebrityhood, or (gasp) sabotage.

If you have something to say, do not wait in some imaginary line in
hopes of having your voice heard in a newspaper, local gathering, or
radio call-in. Just go straight to the Internet, where you will
discover many effective venues to contribute your proposals,
philosophy, and maybe even some startling revelation that is the
hallmark of courageous whistle blowers everywhere.

--
Zeke Krahlin
http://zekeblog.wordpress.com

-Robert Thomson, Wall Street Journal, Charlie Rose Show, 2009-02-11