[buug] Reviving CalLUG

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Apr 20 14:10:53 PDT 2011

Quoting Mark Lu (excelblue at gmail.com):

> Good point. I tend to be quite far on the practical end of things
> when it comes to the idealistic/practical spectrum....

Ahem.  It's vexing to see what I said shoehorned into an ideology box,
when that is the very opposite of what I thought I said.  Was I that
unclear?  If so, my apologies, and I'll fix that now:

Speaking for myself, I eschew hosted Internet services where I can,
instead, without significant problems, control and run them using
resources I control, for -=pragmatic=- reasons.  I consider surrendering
control of data and code to people I don't know and have no reason to
trust to be a very risky thing to do.  In business, to quote something