[buug] CalLUG discussion at BUUG & Berkeley Linux Users Group meetings (?) ...

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Apr 22 09:44:22 PDT 2011

Quoting Karen Hogoboom (khogoboom at gmail.com):

> Also, thanks for listening to me stand up and rant VERY LOUDLY rather than
> take a leadership position the other night.

Hi, Karen.  I believe you must be thinking of someone else.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make it to a BUUG gathering in a
few years, and I'm reasonably certain we've never met.

I'm sorry to hear that someone stood up and ranted very loudly at the
meeting -- but it wasn't me.  And I'm extremely sympathetic to what you
were saying the other day about women attending technology events (not
just BUUG) getting interrupted and ignored.  I've seen it, and tried to
fix it.  It's a real, longtime problem, and I take it seriously.