[buug] Berkeley Unix User's Group

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue May 31 14:09:12 PDT 2011

Quoting Karen Hogoboom (khogoboom at gmail.com):

> I didn't follow your reference to Nu.  Maybe it's an inside joke.  Or maybe
> you were drinking coffee and mentally went somewhere that I don't follow.

Like all good Scandinavian-Americans, I have a smattering of Yiddish in
my vocabulary.  As to what 'nu', means -- nu, that depends on context and
tone.  Leo Rosten (in _The Joy of Yiddish_) cited 19 specific meanings.

> > http://knowyourmeme.com/i/681/original/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg
>
> Funny, but again, I don't follow how that answers that question.

Nu, I didn't take the question very seriously.

--
Cheers,            "Conjoined sentences have two or more clauses.  Once popular
Rick Moen          sideshow attractions, modern surgery has made them rare."