[buug] Fwd: More books for ...

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 18 04:10:49 PDT 2013

I'll also be bringing these books to this evening's BUUG meeting:

and I'll also mention:
Pearson User Group member page (member discounts: 35% off print, 45%
off eBook):
http://www.informit.com/usergroupwelcome

----- Forwarded message from Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu -----
     Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 12:24:09 -0700
     From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu>
  Subject: More books for ...
       To: BALUG-Talk <balug-talk at lists.balug.org>

I received review copies of four of each of the books noted further
below.  I'll do my more-or-less usual of generally giving away one per
User Group as I make it to the various User Group meetings.

Nagios: Building Enterprise-Grade Monitoring Infrastructures for
Systems and Networks, 2nd Edition
By David Josephsen
Published Apr 1, 2013 by Prentice Hall.
Copyright 2013
Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
Pages: 304
Edition: 2nd
Book
ISBN-10: 0-13-313573-X
ISBN-13: 978-0-13-313573-2
Type: IB5  Code: 978013313573254499
http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=013313573X

MySQL, 5th Edition
By Paul Dubois
Published Apr 2, 2013 by Addison-Wesley Professional.
Copyright 2013
Dimensions: 7" x 9"
Pages: 1176
Edition: 5th
Book
ISBN-10: 0-321-83387-2
ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83387-7
Type: IB5  Code: 978032183387754999
http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321833872

Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment, 3rd Edition
By W. Richard Stevens, Stephen A. Rago
Published May 14, 2013 by Addison-Wesley Professional. Part of the
Addison-Wesley Professional Computing Series series.
Copyright 2013
Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
Pages: 1024
Edition: 3rd
Book
ISBN-10: 0-321-63773-9
ISBN-13: 978-0-321-63773-4
Type: IB5  Code: 978032163773456999
http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321637739

Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration
By Bill Calkins
Published Jun 24, 2013 by Prentice Hall. Part of the Solaris System
Administration Series series.
Copyright 2013
Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
Pages: 720
Edition: 1st
Book
ISBN-10: 0-13-300710-3
ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300710-7
Type: IB5  Code: 978013300710754999
http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0133007103

And thanks to Pearson's User Group program for providing these review
copies.  :-)  And yes, they'd love to see you write up a review for any
and/or all of the books, especially if placed on Amazon.

----- End forwarded message -----