[buug] Project

Waitman Gobble uzimac at da3m0n8t3r.com
Tue Jun 11 22:36:31 PDT 2013

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 20:51:39 -0700, Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org> wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 00:33:39 -0700 (PDT)
>Waitman Gobble <uzimac at da3m0n8t3r.com> wrote:
>
>Waitman> I estimate I have about 15,000 hours of programming experience
>Waitman> with PHP (it's basically how I've been able to eat, clears the
>Waitman> 10k 'expert' line) - and much JavaScript, C and Perl on various
>Waitman> platforms.. but I'm not so keen on using Flash and I while I've
>Waitman> written some stuff - I consider myself weak/lean on Python
>Waitman> experience. So.. I'm not sure I'd be good for the job.. lol.
>
>There is no Flash, promise.  There's a body of dodgy PHP code (in 2
>different frameworks) which we need beat into shape before transitioning
>to Python.  You could grow into the Python part.  More than anything we
>want people with some algorithmic good sense.  The languages are
>secondary.
>
>We're in San Francisco, though, and that may be a bit far for you.
>
>--

oh, sorry - I saw a thing about Balsamiq on the site. I'm not _that_ stubborn
though, :-) I can always run flash stuff in a qemu instance. lol.

SF isn't so far. If you drive at 4am it's like 35 minutes. During daytime
hours the silver bullet train can fly by the traffic.

Maybe Friday is good to meet?

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA