[buug] Free beer, functional, non-Google webmail

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Sun Aug 7 18:04:06 PDT 2016

On 2016-08-07 16:38 -0700, Rick Moen wrote:

> 1.  Run your own mail.

Sure, I do already.  Have done so for a long time.

> 2.  Use your choice of offerings in 'Webmail' on
>     http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Mail/ to provide the Web interface.

Trouble is, I don't want to run a webserver.

prayer almost fits the bill because it is standalone, but still requires
an IMAP server while now I get by nicely with just syncing the store and
reading mail locally.  And, in my (admittedly short) experience, you
can't safely mix the two modes (local and IMAP) on the same store, so I
would have to complicate matters further by copying the mail I want to
read via IMAP to a separate place.