[buug] buug-pr mailing list?

Zeke Krahlin ezekielk at netzero.net
Tue May 16 15:36:17 PDT 2000

Rick Moen wrote:

> If you want to block off that avenue (and I haven't personally
> bothered), the standard method is to change all mailtos to CGI forms,
> which deliver mail without exposing the address to public view (and
> hence harvesting).

I've done that on our own BUUG website. I can see if these Linux group
listings
will allow me to post a cgi form in lieu of a standard "mailto:". FYI,
our admin
cgi form is presently:

    http://formmail.to/buug-admin

"Formmail" is a very nice free form-making service.

> Of course, e-mail accounts that appear on Web pages (including list
> archives) and Usenet newsgroups will keep getting spam until Doomsday
> because they're never purged from some lists.

Sad, but true. But I'll give it the old college try.

> --
> It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
> It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
> The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
> It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

See you at the "Albert Camus" Cafe!

---
Ezekiel J. ("I couldn't hack my way
out of a virtual paper bag") Krahlin