[buug] reply need some help getting setting up

Michael Salmon ms at speakeasy.net
Fri Apr 26 10:35:28 PDT 2002

How about this.
Install FreeBSD from cd-rom, very easy. http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/
for pointers.
It will ask you about network setup. If you are going to do all public
ip's then you've got it real easy. When you've setup the box
read man rc.conf and man ifconfig. If you're in need of a nat and a
firewall but have no idea what you're doing.. well you have a lot of
work cut out for you. Get a book. Otherwise put an ad on craigslist and
expect to pay someone who knows what they're doing at least $30 an hour,
and that's only if you get some hacker kid. Not to make hacker kids sound
bad of course.. An experienced person should charge at least double that.

ms-