[buug] bookmarks

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Feb 28 11:54:36 PST 2010

Quoting Ian Zimmerman (itz at buug.org):

> It's time to revisit this painful subject.  What to use for remotely
> accessible, synchronized bookmarks?

I have a Web server, where I keep a bunch of my bookmarks as HTML.  I
use vi for merging collections of bookmarks.  That's probably not the
answer you had in mind, but it's the literally correct and complete
answer to the question you asked.

For those who want a more elaborate solution, I note the existence of
Annotea Ubimarks, Unalog, De.lirio.us, and Scuttle.  Links are in the
list at the bottom of http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Essays/winolj.html .
(No need to outsource your data to a bunch of strangers whose business
model relies on data mining to your detriment.)