[buug] Debian Live

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 9 21:17:16 PDT 2012

> At BUUG meeting this evening, question was asked about Debian, and if
> Debian has "live" ISO versions.  Yes, they do - DVD ISOs.
> One can start here:
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/

(By the way, my thanks to whoever it was -- probably Aaron Porter -- who
fixed the BUUG archives, as they were 403 Permission Denied for a long
time.)

Also, if people want to try live CDs _very_ closely based on Debian's
Sid=Unstable branch, I can recommend two that I use frequently:

Aptosid   http://aptosid.com/
Siduction  http://siduction.org/

Aptosid, formerly Sidux, is my primary tool for checking out hardware,
partitioning x86 machines, and also for installing Debian itself.
Siduction is a new-ish offshoot (fork) of Aptosid.

--
Cheers,                      "Overheard a hipster say 'Quinoa is kind of 2011',
Rick Moen                    so I lit his beard on fire."      -- Kelly Oxford
rick at linuxmafia.com
McQ!  (4x80)