[buug] OT: Blog compiler that uses relative paths

Paul Ivanov pi at berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 17 14:28:38 PST 2014

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 22:26:57 -0800 Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org> wrote:
> This means I cannot test the look of the generated site by browsing it
> locally, before I upload it to the webserver.  Which kind of defeats
> the point of a static generator.

I've been using Pelican and pretty happy with it. It's written in Python
and supports markdown (when you install a markdown package. Previewing
the content works by having a root SITEURL in pelicanconf.py being
file:///path/todir which is overridden in the publishconf.py file used
be the `make publish` target to be the location.

--
                   _
                  / \