[buug] OT: Blog compiler that uses relative paths

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Sat Jan 18 20:53:58 PST 2014

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 14:28:38 -0800
Paul Ivanov <pi at berkeley.edu> wrote:

Paul> I've been using Pelican and pretty happy with it. It's written in
Paul> Python and supports markdown (when you install a markdown package.
Paul> Previewing the content works by having a root SITEURL in
Paul> pelicanconf.py being file:///path/todir which is overridden in the
Paul> publishconf.py file used be the `make publish` target to be the
Paul> location.

I got another recommendation for Pelican so I gave it a try, and I will
probably start using it.  Thanks for mentioning it.

Though I must say that even with Pelican the local copy isn't
_literally_ the same as the server copy, and _of course_ first time I
published, there was a style difference (due to the freeking Google
font, which I promptly removed from the stylesheet).  _Exactly_ why I
still want them to be the same, relative links and all.